Warm Mix Asphalt (WMA) Additive
SonneWarmix™ is an innovative and efficient additive used to produce high performance Warm Mix Asphalt. The asphalt pavement material can be mixed and placed on the road at significantly lower temperatures, making Warm Mix Asphalt a greener alternative for black roads.
||Warm Mix Asphalt with the SonneWarmix™ additive is applied using conventional hot mix paving equipment.
||Cooler temperatures, fewer emissions, and reduced odor all contribute to enhanced health and safety for workers.
||WMA using SonneWarmix™ increases haul distance and extends your paving season.
Use of the SonneWarmix™ additive for the
production of Warm Mix Asphalt will:
- Lower the temperatures by 50 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit at which the pavement material is mixed and placed on the road.
- Reduce fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Improve worker health and safety.
- Allow increased RAP and RAS content in the mix design without compromising workability.
- Increase haul distance and extend your paving season into colder weather.
- Increase available time for compaction, enabling greater in-place densities.
- Reduce oxidative aging of the binder.
Click here to find a Warm Mix Asphalt supplier using the SonneWarmix™ additive.